COPD Patient Info
COPD How to Prepare
How to Prepare for a Doctor Visit for your COPD
Having made your appointment with a healthcare provider, there are certain steps you need to take in order to maximize the benefit of your COPD doctor visit.
- Because most pulmonary screening tests require the individual to inhale and exhale deeply, do not eat a heavy meal prior to the COPD exam.
- Refrain from smoking for 46 hours prior to the test.
- Patients may be asked to pedal a machine or walk on a treadmill to test breathing.
- Wear comfortable shoes to your doctor visit.
- Let the physician know if you are pregnant in case any x-rays are ordered.
Health Tools & Offers