ADHD Patient Info
ADHD Questions to Ask
From your initial diagnosis throughout your treatment and care, you will have questions about your ADHD. Below is a list of questions to discuss with your doctor so you can make informed decisions about your condition.
Questions About My ADHD Diagnosis
- Other than ADHD, what are other possible causes for these symptoms?
- What kinds of tests are needed?
- Do I need to see a specialist?
Questions About My ADHD Treatment
- What treatments are available, and which do you recommend?
- What are the alternatives to the primary approach that youre suggesting?
- I have other health conditions. How can I best manage these conditions together?
- Is there a generic alternative to the medicine youre prescribing?
- What side effects can I expect from the medication?
- Are there any brochures or other printed material that I can take home with me? What websites do you recommend visiting?
Questions About My Lifestyle & Family
- What changes are required in day-to-day behavior of my other family members towards my child?
- Are there possibilities of ADHD in other siblings?
- Does my child require a different type of schooling?
- Do I have to inform my childs teacher about this condition?
- Is this a hereditary disorder?
- Will this condition disappear over time?
- Will ADHD prevent me from getting and holding down a job?
- Will I be able to drive?
- Are there exercises that can help me focus?
- Are there certain foods that aggravate or help the condition?
- Would ADHD affect parenting or pass the condition on to a child? Will this condition disappear over time?
Health Tools & Offers