Family Practice Physicians in West Virginia (WV)
|Camden On Gauley||Clarksburg|
|Falling Waters||Fort Gay|
|Gallipolis Ferry||Glen Daniel|
|Weirton||White Sulphur Springs|
- A family physician is concerned with the total health care of the individual and the family, and is trained to diagnose and treat a wide variety of ailments in patients of all ages. The family physician receives a broad range of training that includes internal medicine, pediatrics, obstetrics and gynecology, psychiatry, and geriatrics. Special emphasis is placed on prevention and primary care of entire families, utilizing consultations and community resources when appropriate.
- Geriatric Medicine
- A family physician with special knowledge of the aging process and special skills in the diagnosis, therapeutic, preventive, and rehabilitative aspects of illness in the elderly. This specialist cares for geriatric patients in the patients home, the office, long term care settings such as nursing homes, and the hospital.
- Sports Medicine
- A family practice physician who is trained to be responsible for continuous care in the field of sports medicine, not only for the enhancement of health and fitness, but also for the prevention of injury and illness. A sports medicine physician must have knowledge and experience in the promotion of wellness and the prevention of injury. Knowledge about special areas of medicine such as exercise physiology, biomechanics, nutrition, psychology, physical rehabilitation, epidemiology, physical evaluation, injuries (treatment and prevention and referral practice), and the role of exercise in promoting a healthy life style and essential to the practice of sports medicine.
Health Tools & Offers
West Virginia Doctor Info
Family Practice Physicians in West Virginia
- There are 833 Family Practice Physicians in West Virginia
- West Virginia Family Practice Physicians practice in 23 other specialties
- None of the Family Practice Physicians in West Virginia have disciplinary actions
Popular West Virginia Cities with Family Practice Physicians