Anesthesiologists in North Carolina (NC)
Health Tools & Offers
North Carolina Doctor Info
Anesthesiologists in North Carolina
- There are 942 Anesthesiologists in North Carolina
- North Carolina Anesthesiologists practice in 35 other specialties
- 10 of the Anesthesiologists in North Carolina have disciplinary actions
Popular North Carolina Cities with Anesthesiologists
- An anesthesiologist is trained to provide pain relief and maintenance, or restoration, of a stable condition during and immediately following an operation, an obstetric or diagnostic procedure. The anesthesiologist assesses the risk of the patient undergoing surgery and optimizes the patient's condition prior to, during and after surgery. In addition to these management responsibilities, the anesthesiologists diagnose and treat acute, long standing and cancer pain problems; diagnose and treat patients with critical illnesses or severe injuries; direct resuscitation in the care of patients with cardiac or respiratory emergencies, including the need for artificial ventilation; and supervise post anesthesia recovery.
- Critical Care Medicine
- An anesthesiologist who specializes in critical care medicine diagnosis, treats and supports patients with multiple organ dysfunction. This specialist may have administrative responsibilities for intensive care units and may also facilitate and coordinate patient care among primary physicians, the critical care staff and other specialists.
- Pain Medicine
- An anesthesiologist who provides a high level of care, either as a primary physician or consultant, for patients experiencing problems with acute, chronic and/or cancer pain in both the hospital and ambulatory settings. Patient care needs may also be coordinated with other specialists.