Thoracic Surgeons in New York (NY)
|East Amherst||East Setauket|
|Far Rockaway||Franklin Square|
|New Hyde Park||Niagara Falls|
|Saranac Lake||Staten Island|
|South Ozone Park||Syracuse|
|South Richmond Hill|
- There are 364 Thoracic Surgeons in New York
- New York Thoracic Surgeons practice in 19 other specialties
- 40 of the Thoracic Surgeons in New York have disciplinary actions
- A thoracic surgeon provides the operative, perioperative care, and critical care of patients with pathologic conditions within the chest. Included is the surgical care of coronary artery disease, cancers of the lung, esophagus and chest wall, abnormalities of the trachea, abnormalities of the great vessels and heart valves, congenital anomalies, tumors of the mediastinum, and diseases of the diaphragm. The management of the airway and injuries of the chest is within the scope of the specialty.
- Thoracic surgeons have the knowledge, experience and technical skills to accurately diagnose, operate upon safely, and effectively manage patients with thoracic diseases of the chest. This requires substantial knowledge of cardiorespiratory physiology and oncology, as well as capability in the use of heart assist devices, management of abnormal heart rhythms and drainage of the chest cavity, respiratory support systems, endoscopy, and invasive and noninvasive diagnostic techniques. No Sub-Specialty.