Emergency Medicine Physicians in New York (NY)
|Far Rockaway||Forest Hills|
|Glen Cove||Great Neck|
|Hampton Bays||Hopewell Junction|
|Lake Katrine||Little Falls|
|Levittown||Long Island City|
|Massapequa Park||Mount Kisco|
|New Hartford||Niagara Falls|
|New Hyde Park||North Syracuse|
|New Rochelle||North Tonawanda|
|Pearl River||Port Jervis|
|Penn Yan||Port Washington|
|Rockaway Park||Rye Brook|
|Salt Point||Springfield Gardens|
|Saratoga Springs||Star Lake|
|Sleepy Hollow||Stony Brook|
|South Richmond Hill||Sunnyside|
|Wappingers Falls||West Winfield|
Health Tools & Offers
New York Doctor Info
Emergency Medicine Physicians in New York
- There are 2,788 Emergency Medicine Physicians in New York
- New York Emergency Medicine Physicians practice in 59 other specialties
- 107 of the Emergency Medicine Physicians in New York have disciplinary actions
Popular New York Cities with Emergency Medicine Physicians
- An emergency physician focuses on the immediate decision making and action necessary to prevent death or any further disability both in the pre-hospital setting by directing emergency medical technicians and in the emergency department. The emergency physician provides immediate recognition, evaluation, care, stabilization and disposition of a generally diversified population of adult and pediatric patients in response to acute illness and injury.
- Medical Toxicology
- An emergency physician who has special knowledge about the evaluation and management of patients with accidental or purposeful poisoning through exposure to prescription and nonprescription medication, drugs of abuse, household or industrial toxins, and environmental toxins.
- Pediatric Emergency Medicine
- An emergency physician who has special qualifications to manage emergencies in infants and children.
- Sports Medicine
- An emergency physician with special knowledge in sports medicine and is responsible for continuous care in the field of sports medicine, not only for enhancement of health and fitness, but also for the prevention and management of injury and illness. A sports medicine physician has knowledge and expertise in the promotion of wellness and the role of exercise in promoting a healthy lifestyle. Knowledge of exercise physiology, physical rehabilitation and epidemiology is essential to the practice of sports medicine.
- Undersea & Hyperbaric Medicine
- An emergency medicine physician who, with additional and specialized training, has expertise in the treatment of decompression illness and diving accident cases and uses hyperbaric oxygen therapy treatment for conditions such as carbon monoxide poisoning, gas gangrene, non-healing wounds, tissue damage from radiation and burns, and bone infection. The specialist also serves as a consultant to other physicians in all aspects of hyperbaric chamber operations, and assesses risks and applies appropriate standards to prevent disease and disability in divers and other persons working in altered atmospheric conditions.