Nuclear Medicine Physicians in Germantown (MD)
- A nuclear medicine specialist employs the properties of radioactive atoms and molecules in the diagnosis and treatment of disease, and in research. Radiation detection and imaging instrument systems are used to detect disease as it changes the function and metabolism of normal cells, tissues, and organs. A wide variety of diseases can be found in this way, usually before the structure of the organ involved by the disease can be seen to be abnormal by any other techniques. Early detection of coronary artery disease (including acute heart attack); early cancer detection and evaluation of the effect of tumor treatment; diagnosis of infection and inflammation anywhere in the body; and early detection of blood clot in the lungs are all possible with these techniques. Unique forms of radioactive molecules can attack and kill cancer cells (e.g., lymphoma, thyroid cancer) or can relieve the severe pain of cancer that has spread to bone.
- The nuclear medicine specialist has special knowledge in the biologic effects of radiation exposure, the fundamentals of the physical sciences and the principles and operation of radiation detection and imaging instrumentation systems. No Sub Specialty.
Health Tools & Offers
Germantown, MD Nuclear Medicine Physician Info
Select Doctors below to add them to your Comparison Queue.
Top searched Nuclear Medicine Physicians in Germantown, MD:
Nuclear Medicine Physicians in Germantown
- There are 1 Nuclear Medicine Physicians in Germantown, MD
- None of the Nuclear Medicine Physicians in Germantown have disciplinary actions
- 1 Nuclear Medicine Physicians that practice in Germantown also practice in 1 other cities
- Nuclear Medicine Physicians in Germantown, MD have practiced medicine for an average of 27 years.
Cities with Nuclear Medicine Physicians nearby Germantown