Colorectal Surgeons (Proctologists) in Maryland (MD)
- There are 25 Colorectal Surgeons (Proctologists) in Maryland
- Maryland Colorectal Surgeons (Proctologists) practice in 7 other specialties
- None of the Colorectal Surgeons (Proctologists) in Maryland have disciplinary actions
Colorectal Surgery (formerly Proctology)
- A colon and rectal surgeon is trained to diagnose and treat various diseases of the intestinal tract, colon, rectum, anal canal, and perianal area by medical and surgical means. The specialist also deals with organs and tissues (such as the liver, urinary, and female reproductive system) involved in primary intestinal disease.
- Colon and rectal surgeons have the expertise to diagnose and often manage anorectal conditions such as hemorrhoids, fissures (painful tears in the anal lining), abscesses and fistulae (infections located around the anus and rectum) in the office setting. They also treat problems of the intestine and colon, and perform endoscopic procedures to evaluate and treat problems such as cancer, polyps (precancerous growths), and inflammatory conditions. No sub Specialties.