Family Practice Physicians in Kentucky (KY)
|Dawson Springs||Dry Ridge|
|East Bernstadt||Elkhorn City|
|Sandy Hook||South Shore|
- A family physician is concerned with the total health care of the individual and the family, and is trained to diagnose and treat a wide variety of ailments in patients of all ages. The family physician receives a broad range of training that includes internal medicine, pediatrics, obstetrics and gynecology, psychiatry, and geriatrics. Special emphasis is placed on prevention and primary care of entire families, utilizing consultations and community resources when appropriate.
- Geriatric Medicine
- A family physician with special knowledge of the aging process and special skills in the diagnosis, therapeutic, preventive, and rehabilitative aspects of illness in the elderly. This specialist cares for geriatric patients in the patients home, the office, long term care settings such as nursing homes, and the hospital.
- Sports Medicine
- A family practice physician who is trained to be responsible for continuous care in the field of sports medicine, not only for the enhancement of health and fitness, but also for the prevention of injury and illness. A sports medicine physician must have knowledge and experience in the promotion of wellness and the prevention of injury. Knowledge about special areas of medicine such as exercise physiology, biomechanics, nutrition, psychology, physical rehabilitation, epidemiology, physical evaluation, injuries (treatment and prevention and referral practice), and the role of exercise in promoting a healthy life style and essential to the practice of sports medicine.
Health Tools & Offers
Kentucky Doctor Info
Family Practice Physicians in Kentucky
- There are 1,535 Family Practice Physicians in Kentucky
- Kentucky Family Practice Physicians practice in 42 other specialties
- 1 of the Family Practice Physicians in Kentucky have disciplinary actions
Popular Kentucky Cities with Family Practice Physicians