Infectious Disease Physicians in Illinois (IL)
|East Saint Louis||Evanston|
|Elk Grove Village|
|Oak Forest||Orland Park|
- There are 340 Infectious Disease Physicians in Illinois
- Illinois Infectious Disease Physicians practice in 19 other specialties
- None of the Infectious Disease Physicians in Illinois have disciplinary actions
- Internal Medicine
- An internist who deals with infectious diseases of all types and in all organs. Conditions requiring selective use of antibiotics call for this special skill. This physician often diagnoses and treats AIDS patients and patients with fevers which have not been explained. Infectious disease specialists may also have expertise in preventive medicine and conditions associated with travel.
- pediatrician trained to care for children in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of infectious diseases. This specialist can apply specific knowledge to affect a better outcome for pediatric infections with complicated courses, underlying diseases that predispose to unusual or severe infection, unclear diagnoses, uncommon diseases, and complex or investigational treatments.