General Surgeons in Illinois (IL)
|East Saint Louis||Elmhurst|
|Elk Grove Village|
|Glen Carbon||Great Lakes|
|La Grange Highlands||Lewistown|
|Oak Brook||Olympia Fields|
|Oak Forest||Orland Park|
|River Forest||Rock Island|
|Scott Air Force Base||Staunton|
- A surgeon manages a broad spectrum of surgical conditions affecting almost any area of the body. The surgeon established the diagnosis and provides the preoperative, operative, and postoperative care to surgical patients and is usually responsible for the comprehensive management of the trauma victim and the critically ill surgical patient.
- The surgeon uses a variety of diagnostic techniques, including endoscopy, for observing internal structures, and may use specialized instruments during operative procedures. A general surgeon is expected to be familiar with the salient features of other surgical specialties in order to recognize problems in those areas and to know when to refer a patient to another specialist.
A surgeon with expertise in the management of surgical conditions in premature and newborn infants, children and adolescents.
Surgery of the Hand
A surgeon with expertise in the investigation, preservation, and restoration by medical, surgical, and rehabilitative means, of all structures of the upper extremity directly affecting the form and function of the hand and wrist.
Surgical Critical Care
A surgeon with expertise in the management of the critically ill and postoperative patient, particularly the trauma victim, who specializes in critical care medicine diagnoses, treats and supports patients with multiple organ dysfunction. This specialist may have administrative responsibilities for intensive care units and may also facilitate and coordinate patient care among the primary physician, the critical care staff, and other specialists.
A surgeon with expertise in the management of surgical disorders of the blood vessels, excluding the intercranial vessels or the heart.
Health Tools & Offers
- There are 1,315 General Surgeons in Illinois
- Illinois General Surgeons practice in 49 other specialties
- 1 of the General Surgeons in Illinois have disciplinary actions