Dermatologists in Illinois (IL)
|Carol Stream||Crystal Lake|
|Elk Grove Village|
|Glen Carbon||Great Lakes|
|Highland Park||Hoffman Estates|
|La Grange Highlands||Libertyville|
|La Grange Park||Lombard|
|Lake Forest||Loves Park|
|Oak Park||Olympia Fields|
|Oakbrook Terrace||Orland Park|
|Scott Air Force Base||Sterling|
- A dermatologist is trained to diagnose and treat pediatric and adult patients with benign and malignant disorders of the skin, mouth, external genitalia, hair and nails, as well as a number of sexually transmitted diseases. The dermatologist has had additional training and experience in the diagnosis and treatment of skin cancers, melanomas, moles, and other tumors of the skin, the management of contact dermatitis, and other allergic and nonallergic skin disorders, and in the recognition of the skin manifestations of systemic (including internal malignancy) and infectious diseases. Dermatologists have special training in dermatopathology and in the surgical techniques used in dermatology. They also have expertise in the management of cosmetic disorders of the skin such as hair loss and scars, and the skin changes associated with aging.
- Clinical & Laboratory Dermatological Immunology
- A dermatologist who utilizes various specialized laboratory procedures to diagnose disorders characterized by defective responses of the body's immune system. Immunodermatologists also may provide consultation in the management of these disorders and administer specialized forms of therapy for these diseases.
- A dermatopathologist has the expertise to diagnose and monitor diseases of the skin including infections, immunologic, degenerative, and neoplastic disease. This entails the examination and interpretation of specially prepared tissue sections, cellular scrapings, and smears of skin lesions by means of routine and special (electron and fluorescent) microscopes.
- Pediatric Dermatology
- A pediatric dermatologist has, through additional special training, developed expertise in the treatment of specific skin disease categories with emphasis on those diseases which predominate in infants, children and adolescents.
Health Tools & Offers
Illinois Doctor Info
Dermatologists in Illinois
- There are 426 Dermatologists in Illinois
- Illinois Dermatologists practice in 13 other specialties
- None of the Dermatologists in Illinois have disciplinary actions
Popular Illinois Cities with Dermatologists