Radiologists in Florida (FL)
|Cape Canaveral||Cocoa Beach|
|Cape Coral||Coconut Creek|
|Clearwater Beach||Coral Springs|
|Dade City||Delray Beach|
|Fernandina Beach||Fort Pierce|
|Fleming Island||Fort Walton Beach|
|Fort Lauderdale||Ft Lauderdale|
|Green Cove Springs||Gulfport|
|Lake City||Lehigh Acres|
|Lake Mary||Lighthouse Point|
|Marco Island||Miami Shores|
|New Port Richey||North Miami Beach|
|New Smyrna Beach||North Palm Beach|
|Oakland Park||Orange Park|
|Palm Beach Gardens||Plant City|
|Palm Harbor||Pompano Beach|
|Panama City||Ponte Vedra Beach|
|Panama City Beach||Port Charlotte|
|Patrick AFB||Port St Lucie|
|Pembroke Pines||Punta Gorda|
|Safety Harbor||South Pasadena|
|Saint Petersburg||Spring Hill|
|Sarasota||St Pete Beach|
|Satellite Beach||St Petersburg|
|South Miami||Sun City Center|
|West Palm Beach||Winter Park|
- A radiologist utilizes radiologic methodologies to diagnose and treat disease. Physicians practicing in the field of radiology most often specialize in radiology, diagnostic radiology, radiation oncology, or radiological physics.
- Diagnostic Radiology
- A radiologist who utilizes x-ray, radionuclides, ultrasound, and electromagnetic radiation to diagnose and treat disease.
- Radiation Oncology
- A radiologist who deals with the therapeutic applications of radiant energy and its modifiers and the study and management of disease, especially malignant tumors.
- Radiological Physics
- A radiological physicist deals with the diagnostic and therapeutic applications of roentgen rays, gamma rays from sealed sources, ultrasonic radiation, and radio-frequency radiation, as well as the equipment associated with their production and use, including radiation safety.
- A radiologist who diagnoses and treats diseases utilizing imaging procedures as they relate to the brain, spine and spinal cord, head, neck , and organs of special sense in adults and children.
- Nuclear Radiology
- A radiologist who is involved in the analysis and imaging of radionuclides and radiolabeled substances in vitro and in vivo for diagnosis, and the administration of radionuclides and radiolabeled substances for the treatment of disease.
- Pediatric Radiology
- A radiologist who is proficient in all forms of diagnostic imaging as it pertains to the treatment of diseases in the newborn, infant, child, and adolescent. This specialist has knowledge of both imaging and interventional procedures related to the care and management of diseases of children. A pediatric radiologist must be highly knowledgeable of all organ systems as they relate to growth and development, congenital malformations, diseases peculiar to infants and children, and diseases that begin in childhood but cause substantial residual impairment in adulthood.
- Vascular & Interventional Radiology
- A radiologist who diagnoses and treats diseases by various radiologic imaging modalities. These include fluoroscopy, digital radiography, computed tomography, sonography and magnetic resonance imaging.
Health Tools & Offers
Florida Doctor Info
Radiologists in Florida
- There are 1,308 Radiologists in Florida
- Florida Radiologists practice in 65 other specialties
- 43 of the Radiologists in Florida have disciplinary actions
Popular Florida Cities with Radiologists