Thoracic Surgeons in Colorado (CO)
- There are 53 Thoracic Surgeons in Colorado
- Colorado Thoracic Surgeons practice in 8 other specialties
- None of the Thoracic Surgeons in Colorado have disciplinary actions
- A thoracic surgeon provides the operative, perioperative care, and critical care of patients with pathologic conditions within the chest. Included is the surgical care of coronary artery disease, cancers of the lung, esophagus and chest wall, abnormalities of the trachea, abnormalities of the great vessels and heart valves, congenital anomalies, tumors of the mediastinum, and diseases of the diaphragm. The management of the airway and injuries of the chest is within the scope of the specialty.
- Thoracic surgeons have the knowledge, experience and technical skills to accurately diagnose, operate upon safely, and effectively manage patients with thoracic diseases of the chest. This requires substantial knowledge of cardiorespiratory physiology and oncology, as well as capability in the use of heart assist devices, management of abnormal heart rhythms and drainage of the chest cavity, respiratory support systems, endoscopy, and invasive and noninvasive diagnostic techniques. No Sub-Specialty.