Dr. Chinedu C Nwosa MD

  • Trauma Surgery
  • Orthopaedic Surgery
15 Years Experience

Share your Experience

12 patient ratings,

Patient Reviews

  • Highly Satisfied
  • Satisfied
  • Neutral
  • Dissatisfied
  • Highly Dissatisfied
  • Fair and Accurate Diagnosis
  • Wait Time 15.0 minutes
  • Promptness
  • Friendly Staff
  • Bedside Manner
  • Easy Appointments
  • Spends Time With Patients
  • Appropriate Followup

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 review

5.0 May 15th, 2013
Dedicated, spent time, easy to talk with, communicated directly
Would you recomend this provider
Wait time
30 minutes
Friendly Staff
"This was emergency surgery, so the staff, in this case, was the hospital staff."
Fair and Accurate Diagnosis
"Simple to diagnose: Broken hip."
Spends Time with Patients
Appropriate Follow-up
The surgeon (not a nurse) called me on my cellphone to let me know when my dad went into surgery and again to give me a report when he came out. Very impressed. See additional detailed comments below.

Positive Comments

My dad was admitted to Mercy after he fell and broke his hip. Dr. Nwosa was his surgeon. Dr. Nwosa was always pleasant and easy to talk with. He answered our questions about his own experience and we discussed options for my dad. No question seemed off-limits and no questions were brushed aside as unimportant. Dr. Nwosa worked with the staff at the hospital to ensure that they got Dad's INR levels to the point where he could safely have surgery. It wasn't clear how long this would take, and when I inquired with the staff and later with Dr. Nwosa, I was told that he would do surgery anytime, day or night, weekday or weekend, as soon as the INR results came back in the right range. After more than a day of regimins and tests, and believing it would take awhile longer, I went out to lunch. While I was gone, the lab results came back with INR levels such that they could operate. Dr. Nwosa called me on my mobile phone to let me know that he was taking Dad into surgery. He called me again when he was done with surgery to let me know that everything had gone smoothly. This was him making the call, not a nurse. He then came by and saw Dad, as I recall, the day after his surgery. We were very pleased, impressed with his dedication, the time he spent, and his direct communications. Note that the waiting time reported above was to have Dad's stitches removed at the surgeon's office by a nurse; he didn't see the surgeon. "Waiting time," as it relates to the procedure that my dad had done, doesn't really apply since it was an emergency.

Negative Comments

Was this review helpful? Yes No