Psychiatrists in Inglewood (CA)
Psychiatry, Geriatric Psychiatry, Psychosomatic Medicine
1127 Wilshire Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90017
1148 Manhattan Ave
Manhattan Beach, CA 90266
101 N LA Brea Ave
Inglewood, CA 90301
- A psychiatrist specializes in the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of mental, addictive, and emotional disorders such as schizophrenia and other psychotic disorders, mood disorders, anxiety disorders, substance-related disorders, sexual and gender identity disorders, and adjustment disorders. The psychiatrist is able to understand the biologic, psychologic, and social components of illness, and therefore is uniquely prepared to treat the whole person. A psychiatrist is qualified to order diagnostic laboratory tests and to prescribe medications, evaluate and treat psychologic and interpersonal problems, and to intervene with families who are coping with stress, crises, and other problems in living.
- Addiction Psychiatry
- A psychiatrist who focuses on the evaluation and treatment of individuals with alcohol, drug, or other substance-related disorders and of individuals with the dual diagnosis of substance-related and other psychiatric disorders.
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- A psychiatrist with additional training in the diagnosis and treatment of developmental, behavioral, emotional, and mental disorders of childhood and adolescence.
- Clinical Neurophysiology
- A psychiatrist with expertise in the diagnosis and management of central, peripheral, and autonomic nervous system disorders using a combination of clinical evaluation and elctrophysiologic testing such as electroencephalography (EEG), electromyography (EMG), and nerve conduction studies (NCS).
- Forensic Psychiatry
- A psychiatrist who focuses on the interrelationships between psychiatry and civil, criminal, and administrative law. This specialist evaluates individuals involved with the legal system and provides specialized treatment to those incarcerated in jails, prisons, and forensic psychiatry hospitals.
- Geriatric Psychiatry
- A psychiatrist with expertise in the prevention, evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of mental and emotional disorders in the elderly. The geriatric psychiatrist seeks to improve the psychiatric care of the elderly both in health and in disease.
- Pain Medicine
- A psychiatrist who provides a high level of care, either as a primary physician or consultant, for patients experiencing problems with acute, chronic or cancer pain in both hospital and ambulatory settings. Patient care needs may also be coordinated with other specialists.
Health Tools & Offers
Top searched Psychiatrists in Inglewood, CA:
- There are 1 Psychiatrists in Inglewood, CA
- None of the Psychiatrists in Inglewood have disciplinary actions
- 1 Psychiatrists that practice in Inglewood also practice in 1 other cities