Emergency Medicine Physicians in California (CA)
|Aliso Viejo||Arroyo Grande|
|Big Bear Lake||Burlingame|
|El Dorado Hills||Escondido|
|Fair Oaks||Fort Jones|
|Fall River Mills||Fountain Valley|
|Half Moon Bay||Hermosa Beach|
|Yorba Linda||Yuba City|
- An emergency physician focuses on the immediate decision making and action necessary to prevent death or any further disability both in the pre-hospital setting by directing emergency medical technicians and in the emergency department. The emergency physician provides immediate recognition, evaluation, care, stabilization and disposition of a generally diversified population of adult and pediatric patients in response to acute illness and injury.
- Medical Toxicology
- An emergency physician who has special knowledge about the evaluation and management of patients with accidental or purposeful poisoning through exposure to prescription and nonprescription medication, drugs of abuse, household or industrial toxins, and environmental toxins.
- Pediatric Emergency Medicine
- An emergency physician who has special qualifications to manage emergencies in infants and children.
- Sports Medicine
- An emergency physician with special knowledge in sports medicine and is responsible for continuous care in the field of sports medicine, not only for enhancement of health and fitness, but also for the prevention and management of injury and illness. A sports medicine physician has knowledge and expertise in the promotion of wellness and the role of exercise in promoting a healthy lifestyle. Knowledge of exercise physiology, physical rehabilitation and epidemiology is essential to the practice of sports medicine.
- Undersea & Hyperbaric Medicine
- An emergency medicine physician who, with additional and specialized training, has expertise in the treatment of decompression illness and diving accident cases and uses hyperbaric oxygen therapy treatment for conditions such as carbon monoxide poisoning, gas gangrene, non-healing wounds, tissue damage from radiation and burns, and bone infection. The specialist also serves as a consultant to other physicians in all aspects of hyperbaric chamber operations, and assesses risks and applies appropriate standards to prevent disease and disability in divers and other persons working in altered atmospheric conditions.
Health Tools & Offers
California Doctor Info
Emergency Medicine Physicians in California
- There are 5,230 Emergency Medicine Physicians in California
- California Emergency Medicine Physicians practice in 83 other specialties
- 158 of the Emergency Medicine Physicians in California have disciplinary actions
Popular California Cities with Emergency Medicine Physicians